Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel to Avaya T1 Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

TelecomTony

Technical User
Oct 17, 2014
US
Hello,

I am running a Nortel CS1000E release 5.0
I have setup T1 Tie line between the 2 systems. The Avaya system is 6 digit dialing and the Nortel is 4 digits. I am using a 2 digit access on the nortel to access the tie line and then entering the 6 digit avaya extension. Everything is working fine except I an unable to dial 100001 from the Nortel. I get a reorder tone. I have tried to turned on the D Channel messaging but I am not seeing any messages appear. Any suggestions on how to turn it on would be great. I have gone into ld 96 and enl msgi 10 as well as enl msgo 10 for both the incoming and outgoing messages for the D channel.

Any help would be great! thanks in advance!​

A T-1 will not give you messaging, it has to be a PRI with D Channel, or did you just misspeak what you meant?

Yes, this is a PRI with a D channel.

MTC is on the TTY port.

I have tried all of the following in LD 96.

ENL MSGI 10
ENL MSGO 10
RST MON
ENL MON TTY

It was still not working.

At this point i am not going to worry about it as I have been able to figure out and resolved most of my issues.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back