Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel/Spectralink 2211/2210 firmware 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

AShammah

Vendor
Sep 7, 2023
US
Hi All,

Where can I find the latest 2211/2210 firmware?

The firmware that is on the phones is an older version 089.103 it doesn't have a place to enter,
ip info for the svr or 2245 nor does it have wpa2 security to allow it to connect to my network.

1 of the 2211's has the updated firmware 097.064. It has a different menu layout allows for wpa2/psk and has the inputs for svr and 2245 ip's.
That one is connected and working on my BCM50.

Anyway to possibly download 097.064 off of the 2211 that I have? I have been unable to locate 097.064 and above anywhere online.

Thank you,
Al

Update...

I was able to obtain a copy of Nortel_97.072_pd11usd3.
I pointed my 2211 towards tftp64 it erased the memory of the phone but then it aborts the install and the 2211 display says "NO SW found"

Screenshot_2023-10-02_1602051_ictpet.png

This is the contents of slink_cfg.cfg
[TYPE10]
pd11usd.bin
pi110006.bin

[TYPE32]
pd14udus.bin
pd14odus.bin
pd14cus.bin
pi1400us.bin

Im on license code 10 on the phone. "Code 7" doesnt even give the option of entering TFTP info.
I believe they were on v89.xxx firmware before the erase.

I do have 1 working 2211 at the moment that came with v97.064 on it.

These are the files for v97.072 I have loaded in the TFTP server.
the phone says erasing, checking code, then No SW found and the transfer is aborted on the tftp.
Screenshot_2023-10-03_200837_wmh0fo.png

I acquired a bunch of WLAN handsets from ITAS but that is the extent of my knowledge, they have sat on the shelf for years.
I am curious though.

Look at page 139 on the Source link I posted above, you can view alarms on the handset regarding TFTP errors.

I wonder why the slink_cfg does not include these 2 references:
pd11usd3.bin
pi11gl3.bin
Is that how the slink_cfg came with the 97.072 zipped file?

Beware of 97.072 (last reply)

I found this also...
One or more SpectraLink phones are displaying No SW Found
APPLIES TO
All SpectraLink phones
All software versions
No phone code found on TFTP server.
Verify TFTP server is up and operational.
Verify TFTP server is on the same subnet as the phones.
Verify that code on the TFTP server is valid.

Maybe it boils down to this "code", however that works.

Could it be confused with this: [TYPE32]?

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

So far the 1 2211 I have works great, I have it hooked up on my linksys velop AP's working fine.
I get the watchdog timeout once in a while its not a big deal maybe once twice a day.
I get clear phone calls on my whole acre using 3 AP's.

It looks as though as long as you have v97.xxx firmware and can use WPA2/psk you dont need special AP's
I do have a cisco 1200 AP that came in handy for these older phones that need the TFTP. I also got the Nortel 2230 AP which I dont need now.
I'm doing lab tests at home on the BCM50 and WLAN. I have 2 clients that I may deploy BCM50's with. I want to make sure everything works right before I deploy onsite.

So
I am not getting any of the TFTP errors it just goes straight to "NO SW found" I'm guessing because it erased the v89.xxx firmware and has nothing on it now.
I can even use "site survey mode" it very quickly gives an error when i click it.

Yes that's how I received the slink.cfg in the zip. Should I try adding those lines to the slink.cfg?

Right now its impossible to find any firmware for these and spectralink told me just last week they revamped their whole site and have taken away these files for good. even for people with credentials.
I contacted a spectralink repair person and he graciously provided me with this firmware. I reached back out regarding this issue havent heard back yet.

I tried it with 3 different tftp programs tftp64,solarwinds,pumpkin. the phone is definitely hitting the tftp and pulling slink.cfg it goes for pd11usd.bin erases the phone and errors out.

Maybe remove the [TYPE32] code? I thought it was just 07&10 haha.

Yes that's how I received the slink.cfg in the zip. Should I try adding those lines to the slink.cfg?"
"Maybe remove the [TYPE32] code? I thought it was just 07&10 haha."

It wouldn't hurt to try, I think it's something to do with a mismatch on the files and what the phone is expecting.

I would suggest to post in the CS1000 post and link it to this thread as they would have had more WLAN users therefore posts.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I tried adding the lines to the slink.cfg no luck. I also tried rearranging the file order in the slink.cfg I got tftp error file mismatch

helpfully someone here or CS1000 forum has v97.064 which seems to be working fine for me at the moment.
would be nice to see how the PTT works on the 2211's.
1 of my installs has a warehouse, the boss likes the idea of wifi wireless to answer his DN and PTT to the warehouse employees.

Solved!!

I tried removing these file references from the slink_cfg.cfg
[TYPE32]
pd14udus.bin
pd14odus.bin
pd14cus.bin
pi1400us.bin

and it worked updated to v97.072 on all 3 devices.
Not sure why it didnt take the other day.

Thanks for your help!

I'm looking for 17x.034 or above to upgrade the WLAN_2245 to accept 6020's if anyone has it,

Thanks!

Below is a link to 174.035 for the WLAN 2245/SVP box. Link is good for 7 days.

I haven't touched 2200 series WLAN stuff in over 10 years, but for some reason I kept the files, along with everything else from my Nortel days.

Enjoy!

Awesome!!! Thanks so much!!!!

I was able to upgrade the WLAN 2245 to 174.035

Update...

PTT will only work on SVP access points.

WLAN Phones work fine on linksys velop ap's but no PTT functionality.
I tried it on a cisco 1200 SVP approved AP and it worked. I cant go more than 2ft from the 1200 though [lol]

I'm going to get a Nortel WLAN switch with a few 2230s and test.

I'm looking to breath some new life in to Nortel BCM with my small business clients paying $25 per seat per month,
bringing them in to the VOIP trunking world at a decent price with more features like Voice call, simple overhead paging, ect.
also giving myself an upgrade from the CICS I installed in my house 20+ years ago [lol]

Glad it's sorted out.

Thanks to biv343 (one of our best) for the assist, and a star for that.

"Could it be confused with this: [TYPE32]?"
My thought was that the it didn't know which one to grab but why is there not a readme file asking/telling to remove one or the other.

Do I have your contact info?

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Yup biv343 for the win!! [star]

Yeah that was weird it was getting confused with [TYPE32]
I should submit a support ticket with Nortel support hahaha.

I sent you a connection request on linkedin with my email

This is dragging me into the way back machine. I did countless 2200 series WLAN/SVP/OAI deployments in the old days.

From what I remember, PTT uses multicast. Spanning PTT across multiple VLANs was always problematic unless multicast routing was enabled, and it typically wasn't as it was a pain in the rear to configure, so most network engineers left it alone. It got a lot easier when the Norvaya/Extreme Fabric Connect gear came out.

I'm wondering if any type of multicast filtering might be enabled, or multicast enhancement/multicast storm control that could be blocking multicast between the devices when PTT is activated. If you have a way to grab a Wireshark capture from the AP/controller that might lend some clues - you should see multicast packets from the originating phone, and hopefully passed down to the receiving phone. I don't know anything about Velop - I use Ubiquiti gear at home, and Ubiquiti has a few different multicast config options.

I still have scars from the bleeding on the Nortel 2200/2300 series wireless, especially the 2300s. Worked good in smaller environments, but scaling to hundreds of AP's caused more issues than I care to remember.

Hahaha the way back machine :)

Its not a bad system for a small warehouse/office/home setting still pretty capable, easier to work with than Cisco call manager. I'm not too fond of IP Office.

Its not imperative to have PTT its a good concept, but according to the specs it runs down the battery a lot faster.
The client its for isn't going to spend anything crazy to get it going and at that point might as well go MOTOTRBO.

The way I'm wired though I wont let it go, I'm going to have to get it working lol

With the new .072 firmware the phones 2210/2211 show "no server ip" a lot and I have to power cycle they dont come back on their own. I think i'll order a 6140 to test see what works better.

I'm using a Cisco RV340 & Cisco SG500 switch both have multicasting. I think the problem is the linksys velop running in AP mode I cant access any advanced AP settings. Its not the network because if I connect both 2211's to the Cisco 1200 AP I have PTT works fine.

I was thinking of switching to ubiquiti U6-LR AP's but a few friends of mine say they don't work so well. I think I might just go ahead and try one for myself.

I didn't see any traffic between the linksys and 2211's with wireshark. There are only basic options for the linksys ap's ESSI, Security, Channel and band are pretty much the only options I have to work with on the AP side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back