Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel - shutting off phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

cs2427

Programmer
Nov 7, 2007
US
Is there anything in the Meridian that will shut phones off at a specified time??? Other than TOD or DND??? Thanks.

If it's happenoing overnight, pbx is probably not seeing the set when it does midnites

I think what cs2427 is talking about is controlling sets by the time of day, to be able to force them to another ncos table. Yes, I think that there is a way to do this, it's going to be in LD 87 I believe..... If you can be a little more specific on your needs, someone can get you the right answer.

Look at "Scheduled Access Restrictions" in the Features & Services NTP.

Let me add more information - the customer has an OPT 11 and has 16 people working from home. They are connected via MCK's. They all have POTS lines connecting them to the 11. They are not logging off the MCK when the day is finished so they have racked up extensive bills. They want to know if there is a prompt somewhere that will literally turn the phones off. Not just making a call but disabling the phone so that the MCK would go down. I have never heard of this but there is someone in my organization that says it can be done. Of course they don't know where to set it. I don't believe it can be done.

That gets more complex, I don't think that you'll find anything that can do that. They'll just have to become responsible and remember to hang it up!

PC script file to emulate logging in at a specific time and disabling the TN?

Your co-worker is correct. Your gonna have to setup an ACD group and you can then set the switch to "AUTO TERMINATE" a call, and you'll be able to tell the switch to stop all call at a certain time.

I can tell you your going to need LD's 14, 16 to setup the disconnect. I'm not sure on the ACD.

The system wasn't designed to make up for dumb employees, if you start making them pay the phone bill, I'm sure they will start doing it right.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back