Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel PRI265 error on Cisco Unity MWI 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SStieferman

Technical User
Sep 23, 2005
US

Has anyone ran across Err PRI265 when deliving MWI across PRI QSIG trunks between a Cisco and Nortel interconnection?

Basically, any time the MWI is enable an error is printed on the Nortel console. This does not effect the phone or light in any way since the light does enable/disable.

Have another issue related to MWI sync that is causing outage as well if anyone can answer the first question.

PRI0265

Database Error: A Facility Reject message was received. Destination digits cannot be translated. Output data: DCH: x DATA: a b c d e.

Where:
x = D-channel number
a = TCAP package type
b = Problem (NOXLAN/NONMS)
c = Originating digits
d = Destination digits
e = Customer number

Verify numbering plan databases are consistent between the near and far end switches.
Severity: Critical

look at the dch msgs.. no way to guess that one.. ld 96 enl msgi x enl msgo x on the d.. the bad part is when traffic gets heavy, and the errors get heavy, that switch will ini... and yes it will be a the worst possible time.. 90 percent chance that the lamp audit is caused by the same problem

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I guess I should have included the actual err:
PRI265 DCH: 1 DATA: RESP NOXLAN 12345 0

Thanks John, always appreciate your quick responses.
I've dealt with messaging before, but should I have my eye on anything in particular?

As for my second question, you pretty much nailed it. Even though I'm not INI'ing the switch, I've had to disable the resync of MWI lights that were scheduled at 3am because of this issue. When the resync occured, we would loose the ability to pass Nortel <=> Cisco traffic across the qsig trunks for ~15 minutes.

i've seen it get gad enough to ini and that is always during very high traffic.. you will see normal setup and tear down but you need to note, rej msgs (reject) or more common a req that repeats itself and does not rec an ack in a tinely manner.. any request that does not see the acknowledgement can cause an error..

it's almost the same as getting all frames but never sending a reply for a checksum.. far end suspects an error, generates error msg's to the screen... mothing test bad but the errors are almost dataflood like in scale. might be able to dis msdl x enl msdl x fdl.. a reload may fix the problem.. if you can paste the monitor, someone here may see another fix

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Hi gents,

here are 2 known issues:
Problem Description

Fact:
Cisco
Cisco Unity VM
Third-party voicemail system

Symptom:
PRI265
PRI265 DCH: 6 DATA: RESP NOXLAN 716 6444 0
Scenario:
Local set at Site A dials the voicemail system in Site A - (Cisco Unity VM) and leaves a message on a mailbox for a set in Site B.
Site A sends NMS message to Site B to light the MWI light and it does light, but a PRI0265 is printed.

Cause:
ESN CDP is not configured to allow this scenario.

Problem Resolution

Fix:
To correct this issue:
1. Remove all of the CDP translations.
2. Change the NCDP to 4
3. Re-program all of the CDP DSC codes, ensuring that any of the DSC codes which are 3 digits or less have the correct FLEN assigned.

Workaround: If the NCDP is not changed, Message Waiting Lamps will be able to be set if the 3 digit Mail DN is changed to a 3 digit number.

(The 716 in the above sample is the truncated DN trying to set the message waiting lamps - the real DN is 8716).

Problem Description

Fact:
Core
RLS 4.5

Symptom:
PRI265
PRI265 DCH: 1 DATA: RESP NOXLAN 8317 8448265 0
PRI265 DCH: 0 DATA: RESP NOXLAN 8317 6578 0

Change:
Replace Meridian Mail to CallPilot 4.0.

Cause:
Mixed dialing plan. 7 digits CDP dialing between PBXs. NCDP=7 at remote site but NCDP = 4 at local site.

Problem Resolution

Fix:
Change the NCDP at main site from 4 to 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back