Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel PBX TTY to IP Converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cory356

IS-IT--Management
Sep 20, 2007
US
Is there something available that converts the TTY port on a PBX system to IP? I am finding that when our phone systems require maintenance I do not always have dial tone available to access the system. We have 14 branches across our sales territory and I travel 1-2 times a week. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

try a product called " CYCLADES " exactly what you are looking for

I'm using a standard Lantronix RS232 Serial Server. It's an older unit which has been replaced by newer versions. I have a 2 port serial version which I connect using a telnet session on port 10001 for port 1 and 10002 for port 2. Port 2 connects to the MIRAN TTY.

We have signaling servers at a majority of our VoIP branches. I am used to LD commands within the PBX, how exactly would you go about completing tasks through a Telnet of the signaling server? Any information in regards to commands would be greatly appreciated.

Why not connect your TTY port to a networkswitch ?
Set up a telnet session to the switch with Procomm Plus using telnetport 6001 / vt220.
This connection is also more secure because you can provide the networkswitch with an exta user/password combination.

telnet to sigserver IP. Use L1 or L2 username/pw combo. at the oam> prompt, type cslogin <cr>.

wait about 2 seconds, then press <cr> a couple of times. That will give you a standard pbx tty prompt. It will time out after about 5 minutes though, but just reconnect and you will be right where you left.

Works on VGMC's too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back