Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel PBX to CallManager Integration 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

breakbuddy

Technical User
Mar 2, 2005
US
has anyone had any success? what is required on the Nortel and Cisco side? problems with voice mail indication light? what types of signalling used?

-bb.

what exactly are you looking to accomplish?

I have 100% success with a PRI between the 2 systems and its fairly easy, plus it will pass name and number for you both directions and most phone features will work both ways

what type of voicemail system and with which PBX are you looking to pass voicemail from?

We have a satellite office that has existing t1 going to main campus; the campus has an 81c rel 25.40 and am looking to pass 4 digit dialing and vmail to the 81c from the Cisco VoIP sets.

What types of functions does the Cisco sets keep to that of the Nortel PBX's? I am mainly concerned with caller id to and from the two systems and the voice mail indicator light working. We are using CallPilot ver 1.07 and not looking to renew on that investment.

Does anyone know what type of signalling the CallPilot uses to pass the MWI (message waiting indicator) SMDI and what the Cisco sets require?

How will the two sites communicate? and using what protocol? h323? what is QSIG?

thanks in advance,
-bb.

you need to get a spare port on PRI card in Nortel, and a spare port on a MSDL card (or any spare d-channel you can use)

You need a gateway/router/T1 interface and connect a T1 crossover cable between the Nortel PRI and the Cisco T1 interface. The cisco interface is MGCP protocol (with callmanager)

Config the Cisco interface for DMS-100 user side, and config Nortel PRI for S100 Network side.

No Q-sig necessary (which requires a pkg you prob dont have on the Nortel and will require investment)

You will get name and number call id and can do 4 digit dialing (configure route patterns to Nortel on the cisco side, and configure DSC's aka steering codes on the Nortel side to cisco)

as far as using call pilot with the cisco callmanager, you should check this stuff out:

thats using Q-sig tho, there should be a way to do it without Q-sig, do google search

If you do need to go QSIG, I can help you with the ISGF configuration on Meridian side and the QSIG on the Callmanager.

We have Meridians at 25.40 and callmanager 4.12 with the following features working:

Message Waiting (to Callpilot)
Network forwarding
Ring Again
Name display

Let me know if I can help

Billy McMillan

that'd be great!

i need to convince my director that the MWI light will work on the Cisco sets using the existing CallPilot server 1.07 any information would be gladly accepted.

thanks,
-bb.

I believe Qsig would be the best option so that MWI will work, a big selling point for our director.

mcmillb please post as much information here so i can start on the meridian side.

thanks so much,
-bb1.

mcmillb, which pkg QSIG do you have on your Mer PBX?

QSIG
QSIG GF

QSIG SS
thanks,
-bb1.

I have the scenario where Merdian 61c with about 360 telephones will integrate with Cisco GW and CallManager 4.1
with 30 IP Phones and the common Trio Server.

Could any body help with thsi configuration

Sorry I haven't posted the config, I am not in the office until Wednesday, I will post it then

Billy McMillan

Here's a tip that we just discovered recently. On the Nortel side, when configuring the D channel under LD 17 there is a PR_TRIGS prompt. This is where you define what events trigger QSIG path replacement proposals. There are two hidden options, CTR1 and CTR2, that will turn on path replacement proposals caused by call transfers.

Without one or the other configured, call transfers from the Meridian side will not trigger a QSIG path replacement and you could end up with multiple transcodings and additional latency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back