Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel PBX Outbound digits being rejected by destination . They are seeing 11 digits instead of 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy63

Technical User
Feb 17, 2022
US
Hello, I'm new to this forum and just joined today. We have an application that dials out to meters from analog lines on a Nortel PBX. One of our calls to a meter is being rejected by the local CO or the institution PBX because it's seeing too many digit's, 11 instead of 10. I know that our Nortel PBX is sending out the DN digits whereas it should only be sending out our institution's main number?? The meter does not care what the from number is. My question is where in the PBX does the change need to be made to fix this ? I am a user on the application end and not a PBX Tech. I just want to be able to convey the issue and possibly the fix. Thank you.

It's probably best to use the attached excel tool to list out all of your Networking tables. It sounds as if the "FLEN" is set to 11 rather than 10 on one of the entries but follow the word doc guide attached to list everything out of the Nortel PABX.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

If it is sending out the DN instead of the main # then the CLID Entry is wrong, assuming this is a PRI. Print out the analog phone and then print out the CLID Entry and see what entry the phone is assigned to. Entry 0 typically would be the main # where Entry 1 may be sending out the DN. Lots of unknown's with out knowing the trunking etc.

There are carriers now that will reject calls they feel are not real. Spoofers, spammers, yada yada. If you have a global network and do least cost routing and local drop off, you can create a CMDB table in LD 86 to adjust what goes out to the carrier. We had to do that for some of our overseas sites calling US numbers over our SIP network. TMobile/Bell Canada/Vodafone are a some of the carriers blocking numbers.

Hope this helps.

John Anaya
Amdocs Inc.
ACSS/ACIS - CS1000 Rls 7.5/Call Pilot 5
ACSS/ACIS - SME - IP Office 8.0
APSS/APDS - Avaya UC Services

Public Profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back