Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel Passport 7480 - WAN Ip problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 18, 2004
IN
PLease help!!!

I have strange issue, all of a sudden one of the protocol Ports on the Nortel Passport 7480 stops responding and users get thrown out of teh app's.

The protocol port is created on the 2 port 100baseT card, the DLCI and FRDTE stats all show no errors and UP. I am at my wits end not knowing how to go ahead?

PCR version currently is 4.2.2 and ideas suggestions?

Hi Kash

Have you checked the health of the Ethernet card and the ports? Are they showing errors? how about the LA component?
Is the Virtual Router ok? As it has been up and working, have you got the alarms generated by the failure?

If you have any more info that may help us to help you, please post it

Regards

Hi Guys,
a common 'gotcha' occurs when swapping hardware connected to a 7480 etc port where the MAC address changes - be aware that you may need to "clear vr/xxx ip arp dyn/*" (you can also be more selective in the dynamic arp entry that you delete if you can/wish)

Looks like you haven't re-posted for over a week on this topic so I guess you're okay now? If the problem just 'went away' after a few minutes, it could well have been a MAC issue.

In general, if you get failures on any IPPort, you can try locking and unlocking the IPPort and/or the ProtocolPort.

When adding some equipment as a new connection (which shouldn't be the case that you are describing), especially if it is a 'dumb' terminal etc, you may need to enable proxy arp under the vr/x pp/xxxx IPP. It is disabled by default - this often stumps people from a cisco background where it is enabled by default.
If you still need help, let us know...

It did occur a few times, there were no alarms in Node absolutely nothing.

nortel sugegsted upgrade to 5.2.3 which we have done. just waiting now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back