Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel paging issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyingdutchmanVA

Technical User
May 18, 2007
US
I have a customer that has "all call paging" programmed on a key for paging.when they press that button it says "no free line" in the display.This was a working feature and has since stopped.I have little experience on Nortel systems so any help is appreciated.Thanks.

You need to know whether this "All Call" was through the telephones, or through an amp to overhead speakers.

And then if speakers was it one touch or did they have to enter a code to get "All Call."

It sounds like they're using trunk paging. If there's another page in progress, the system will display "no free lines." This happens a lot when someone is done paging, and doesn't hang up their receiver all the way.

They are using trunk paging and amp ext. speakers,etc.I can check to make sure all phones are on hook.If not?

You can easily check the paging equipment by putting a butt set on the paging trunk. Go off hook, and you should be able to hear yourself over the speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back