Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel Option 61C

Status
Not open for further replies.

uttommy

MIS
Oct 29, 2008
US
Is there anyway at all to run a report on a extension to see how often it is being used?

Thanks,
Tommy

not without a CDR report. if you were looking at tomorrow, you could enable the CDR Buffer in LD 117, but if you process a lot of calls, you may need to empty the file every hour or so. A little more advanced, but not too bad. Other than that, not sure how you would do that in the Nortel.

John Anaya
Signet6 Network Sciences
ACSS/ACIS - CS1000 Rls 7.5/Call Pilot 5
ACSS/ACIS - SME - IP Office 8.0
APSS/APDS - Avaya UC Services

Public Profile

You could possibly run an enhanced trace depending on what you are actually looking for

A director is just wanting to see how many times that the phone is being used throughout the work day.

Thanks,
Tommy

The problem is something setting there to capture the data and then sorting through it.

I would have to be the one to try and capture it. i don't know even know how to even get started on that.

Thanks,
Tommy

You would need to set up a CDR port on your system to capture the raw data and then export it into a program. Then search on that ext.#, it can be done though. But a pain in the butt.

An enhanced trace will log all info about the phone for 24. but it will need to be restarted manually everyday. We have a PC setup with procomm that captures all CDR info on a dedicated TTY. But you will have to go through the output manually of get some 3rd party software. I guess it all depends on what kind of info you want about this extension.

Disable it and count how many people complain! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back