Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel Option 11c question

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkatyal

IS-IT--Management
Jun 21, 2003
US
I have a Nortel Option 11c. One of my phones does not pick up the voicemail after 4 rings.

I do not have any knowledge about the commands.

Can someone guide me through where I should look at ??

I have checked our Octel Voicemail system and there is no option there that I can change for the phone to pickup the voicemail for the user.

thanks

This setting is on the phone itself, but there are a few options. Are calls eventually getting to voice mail? If so, you want to look at the RCO option which will have a value of zero, one, or two. These match up to ring cycles defined globally for the PBX.

If it's not getting there at all, you want to look at both the class of servicer and the forwarding entries on the phone. There are four call scenarios that would require hunting/forwarding to voicemail. Look for the following prompts: FDN, EFD, HUNT, EHT. They should all point to voicemail (if CLS is set right).

To view any of this information, print the TN of the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back