Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel Option 11C DTMF problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

salior

Technical User
Mar 22, 2005
US
I have been working on a trouble call for a while now. I have a customer with a 1-800 number call in, then he has to enter his pin number to get access. When I call this number from any phone it rings into the 1-800 number recording and prompts me to enter my pin number. But thats the whole thing, I enter my pin number and it is like it doesn't hear it, it just asks me again and again to enter my pin number. It is like it doesn't hear my DTMF. I can call from my cell phone and it works fine with hearing my DTMF, so I know the pin number is correct. I also can call a different 1-800 number with a phone tree and it responds to my DTMF fine. Any ideas, and I mean any are welcome. I'm lost.

Try # then the pin number and see if you get through.

I tried 3 times but it doesn't want to work for me. Good idea though.

In the UK, we had many phones that enabled DTMF by pressing the * button first!.
I assume that you have been testing the inward access from a standard phone with DTMF. You should be able to hear the tones, when dialling the 1-800 number.
If that is working ok, then the problem must be after the call has been answered by the Mail system. There may well be a setting activated, that has prevented the DTMF tones from being received.
I understand that some Mail systems will also work on the number of received digits keyed in, such as a systems extn number. This would be useful in situations, where the high number of incoming calls are from Pulse (DIP) phones.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

After you finish dialing the 800 number, but prior to the call connecting, try the # again. Also, do you have EEST on?

It is some kind of answer supervision problem - are there any options for this - may want to turn it off and try.

Check to make sure trunks are built correctly. Are these going through TIE lines??

ees sounds right, also try it on an analog station on the switch, those tone are on the set. if that don't work, the problem may not be a timer or system parm but something unique to the route

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thank everybody for the responses. I did try what johnpoole about trying it on a regular analog set. It went through great on the analog set and accepted my pin number. I just have to figure out why the digital (2616) sets arn't working.
On mluckie1 questions, all my phone lines come in through a T1 from the CO.
Any pointers on where to explore next would be greatly appriciated.

Post a copy of the RDB for the route and a copy of one of the trunks programming.

I have this same problem happening when dialling an 1-800 # and pressing "1" for english...etc. I doesn't respond. there was no tone when pressing any buttons. I am using a 3904 digital set. On analog phone it was ok. I did enable EEST and DTMF to YES but nothing happens.

sailor,

where you able to fix your problem? If yes, how you did it?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back