Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel option 11 Where and how do you define the DID range in switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP26

Technical User
Jun 30, 2009
US
Hey All can anyone assist me with adding a new did range to an option 11. I have never done this before and i just need the LD"s and commands Thanks as always and its almost Friday so lets all hang on!!

As a rule, LD 49 is where you add in the received digits from the ecxhange and add in the extension numbers against a table number.

Assuming that you are adding the new DDI range against an existing table, just do a "CHG", but add in the new entries.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

As long as the new DIDs do not conflict with any existing DNs in the system, and you are receiving the same number of digits from the carrier as your existing DIDs, you don't need to do anything.

When digits are received from the carrier on a DID trunk, as soon as there is a match the system connects the trunk to the DN - whether it is a button on a phone, a phanton TN, or some other switch resource. So to make one of your new DIDs ring on a phone, simply assign a button with the desired DN.

You would use Incoming Digit Conversion in LD 49 if you needed to manipulate the received digits before the system processes the call.

the DN Length is defined by the LDN length, If no LDN because you dont have an M2250 or an Operator, you still have to define something...so you might see whatever is a Non-conflict number in the DID range entered....say, 5555 or 3333, whatever...as long as the LDN is what ever your received digit length is from the carrier.

If you have nothing defined in LD 49 do not worry, that is only needed if you are doing digit conversion. Basically if you have an existing DID range, and the new range you are adding corresponds in size and settings from the carrier, from your side, as long as it does not conflict with any number on your system it should work. If your new range is 5000 to 5199 for example, go to LD 11 and prt / DNB/ and enter 5 for the DN then let it print out, this wil show if any 5xxx numbers are in the system, just make sure none conflict with the new DID range.

Thanks for all the help guys have another question can i see the current DID range i know i can go to ld 20 and print dn then compare to what is assumed the to be the DID range but is there a way to go to a ld and prt just the did range? Thanks

No. All you can print is unused DN's, there is nothing specific in the PBX that shows what the DID range is, you just need to keep records of what the ranges are . To determine what you can use, LD 11 (or 20 if you wish) PRT / LUDN / Cust number (typically 0) then either press enter or type in leading digits then enter. This will give you a list of available numbers starting with the leading digits you entered.

Thanks I figured as much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back