Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel Norstar ATA2 and MCK 6000

Status
Not open for further replies.

ljclives

Vendor
May 22, 2004
US
I have installed an ATA2 off of the MCK 6000 on the remote side and had some success in the past. I am on a project now and having a difficult time getting analog dial tone off of the ATA2. I replasced a couple ATA's and I did finally get dial tone. The fax machine will not send or receive, however. Is there any port configuration or such on the MCK for using an ATA that would help?

I have a customer using 3 6000's with about 8 faxes working off the 3. I have had problems with postage machines but faxes work ok. I have set atten 80 jitter 75 and packets to 4...phone lines type 2 for nortel. Other that that I have not adjusted any other settings.

Thanks much whender. Where are those settings on the MCK? Also, would it help to set the fax baud rate to the lowest possible? Any other settings on the actual fax machine other than default? Much appreciated

settings are on the gateway under config > port > default make compression g711 (big bandwidth)

Okay awesome. I have a 12 port Gateway and Remote. Ports 2-12 all my digital phones are up. When I plug a phone into Port 1 on the remote side it does not even flash. The port status LED on the Gateway side is solid green and 'RD'. On the remote side it is 'NC' I did my ABC's and confirmed I have a Nortel port connected on the Gateway side to port 1. Any ideas what to check next? Thanks in advance!!

I would look at wiring, possibly AMP cable is pulled off just a tad. also there should be no user id used on either side for that port. Reboot all, and try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back