Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel Networks ntex35 Modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterOcean

Programmer
Mar 26, 2002
CA
I have just been given the Nortel Network ntex35 modem, but I am missing all the cables etc. This is a pretty basic question, but I would like to know what it is that I need to get so that I can hook it up to my PC and where I can get the driver (if I need one).

Thanks Peter

Hi Peter,

I hope you found your solution by now, but just in case:

You will need: 1 - the Power adapter, to juice up your modem. 2 - A network cable (RJ45), to connect the modem to your computer our router. 3 - your phone line (RJ11), to feed into your modem. 4 - Line filters, for all phone connections on the same line, except the one you plug your modem into (you might want to make sure that you get the right filters for your NORTEL modem). 5 - You might need a "splitter", that Gizmo that separates 1 phone plug into 2 phone plugs.

Please note that there are not many TELCO's (therefore ISPs as well) who can provide service through the Nortel modems. These work on the G.CAP protocol, and the G.DMT is quite standardized.

Make sure you look into this before subscribing; you might need to get a new modem.

Best regards,

bdahl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back