Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel MICS Incoming line go straight to VMail box

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaguilar

MIS
Mar 28, 2001
US
The current system i have has 10 lines going in to system. I need to take one line out of the auto attendant and when called will go straight to a Vmail box with out ringing on a phone.

Try creating mailbox number to a DN that does not have a phone on its port
Assign that mailbox to that DN
Forward the DN in Capabilities to the voice mail after X amount of rings
Assign that line to ring at that DN to appear and ring
Make the line Private to that DN in Line programming

Test

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Great Thank You I will try it this afternoon when i go to that office. Really appreciate it.

CurlyCord, I have tried to follow your instructions and have finished the programing. When in Line Access I found the area for the number. It was already marked private and I made the change to point it to the new Vmail DN. The update was sucessfull and when I dial the number the Auto Attendant still answers.

Thank you in advance

Are you sure its a persons mailbox? and not some AA/CCR greeting?
If a persons mailbox then do you know who and what ext number?

PRI Target or regular lines?

Look at their set to see if they have that line assigned as Appear and Ring or Ring Only

If the line is marked private then to what set? you need to look at that set, Intercom it to see if that greeting is played.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

We dont have a T1 here so the lines are are analog going into the punch down.
When you intercom the extension it displays DND. Under lines the line in "trunk/line data" "Private to:226" 226 is the extension of the phone. I had created a vmail box with DN 230 which is an unused extension. I tried "Private to:230" No change. Does the line need to be taken out of the hunt group?

Which mailbox number do you hear? 226 or 230?

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

If this line is only to go to mailbox, setup a guest mailbox and the line in the "message line" entry. Assuming you are using a Call Pilot. You don't mention the voice system.

Marv ccna
telemarvlogosmall.gif

Sales, Installation & Service for Norstar, BCM, Samsung & Allworx Serving Ottawa and Eastern Ontario since 1990

Sorry I got confused halfway down with another post that has an issue with a greeting answering....ignore my last 2 posts.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Allworxguy,
Yes it is a call pilot 150. I will Try that right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back