Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel MICS/Callpilot: Call forwarded not going to voicemail at target extension 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

varrius

Technical User
Sep 27, 2006
US
I have a user who has moved offices, i deleted the box at the old extension and call forwarded (tried both Feature 4 and forward on no answer) The new extension rings the expected number of times and then states the person is not available and dumps back to the AA. I would like the new extension to go to voicemail if the user doesnt pick up. If I direct dial the extension VM works fine. Any ideas what setting(s) I am missing?

Thanks,

varrius

You're missing nothing.

Unanswered call forwarded calls return the caller to the original extension. This is done by design.

Why don't you move the DN to the new office? That way he/she keeps his/her extension and no changes to voice mail are required.

Marv ccna

Marv,
Thanks that did the trick.
For future inquiries, here is what I did:

Feature **266344
System Displays Terminals & Sets
Press NEXT 5 Times.
System Displays System Programming
Press SHOW.
System Displays Hunt Groups
Press NEXT 1 time.
System Displays Change DNs
Press SHOW.
System Displays Old DN: ___
Enter Old DN to Change:
System Displays New DN:
Enter New DN.
System Displays Old DN > New DN
Hit Release to end.

varrius

I would have physically moved the phone. That keeps DN - port mapping unchanged. Change DN can cause trouble if the system defaults. Also change DN doesn't move everything. You'll notice the name displayed when you call the extension if programmed is wrong.

Marv ccna

Curlycord,
Thanks. Ill reverse the DN change and try relocating the sets.
Varrius

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back