Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel MICS Call Log

Status
Not open for further replies.

telesco

Vendor
Jan 25, 2009
US
I currently have a MICS with T1 keycodes (thus no caller id). The customer is adding an 800# and wants a call log to see how many calls come in for this line. I've added this line to an extension, made the line apr&ring, added call log (100 logs), made the extension log all calls, added caller id to the line (on the system) and set the extension to caller id set for the line.

However, Call log is not coming up. I've been told i need caller id to log anything. Any suggestions?

No, I'm pretty sure you can log calls without clid. Obviously, it won't take advantage of all the features inherent in the call log, but it should work. Be sure to check F84 to determine what calls you're logging.

a smdr may work better it can record incoming and outgoing
and if you have it connected to software you can get any reports you want for traffic studies

otherwise just use hyper terminal to capture the smdr and soft data yourself in excel

HALLOWED ARE THE ORI

mike

I've never connected hyper terminal for smdr. Do you have information on this?

For my part, I wouldn't bother. There are plenty of sw packages designed to capture smdr data. A few are even free.

Using Hyperterm type programs for that use will entail hours of manual interpretation. You've got a PC. Let it do the work.

i agree software package will be the best way if using smdr
but to get it working and tested hyperterminal or the old telix or any com program should work

after you hookup the smdr box (additional unit)
connect the com port of the pc to the com port of the smdr

enter f9*2 to setup the smdr box (for baud rate and what you want to print ) say 9600 baud

then the com port on the pc set for the 9600 no parity, and 1 stop bit, and calls should start to show

just keep in mind the system will spit out calls when completed and will not buffer,
if you do the f9*2 and it says printer problem it can't see the com port connection,so either cable not connected or software not running

HALLOWED ARE THE ORI

mike

All I need is the number of calls coming in on that line. I don't need any other data.

I have some customers who actually tell their receptionists to tick off the number of calls they take on a piece of paper. I've tried telling them there is an easier way, but they argue that that's part of their job, and they don't want to give it up.

In today's economy, who can argue with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back