Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel MICS 5.0 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcd30

Technical User
Jun 29, 2005
US
I have a location that has a MICS 5.0 system, recently we connected it to our Callmanager Network using a 2811 router as a H.323 gateway to give them 4 digit dialing for our coporation. The issue I ran into is in the Dest codes. This locations extension numbers are 2100-2199. When setting up my dest codes it will not allow me to make a 23XX or a 26xx code to dial out. I have all the codes set for line pool B and a 8. So I can dial 8 then dial the 23 or 26 numbers. I do not understand why this is not taking these 2 extensions.

Any ideals will greatly help.

Thanks
Chris

those 2 numbers exist somewhere in the Norstar. (remember, everything is pre-numbered when you bring it up). Check the Hunt Group DN's (If it is there, chang DN). Also check under maint, port/dn. Enter the DN, it may be assigned to a B2 Dn. If you find it, make sure you change it out of the numbering range. Make it a whole other series of number 7xxx or 8xxx. this system just swaps number locations, you cannot completely out a number. We have a bank with 3 locations and have this problem all of the time.

Thanks for the information, it fixed my problem.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back