Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel MICS 4.1 problems -CFNA Erased?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vegasnortel

Vendor
Dec 24, 2001
US
Have a customer who was experiencing some dropped call problems and a few other hiccups. Got in for some remote programming, cleared some logs....found nothing really major, then did a system restart in maintenance after hours remotely. The next morning the receptionist kept getting every call she transferred kicked back to her at 4 rings if not answered. Checked settings on numerous extensions and found call fwd no answer was set to none.....on all sets! How could this have been erased? Does anyone think I may have some software corruption here? I was going to just upgrade the software to some 5.0 (I have several extra). Any ideas?

Thanks guys, gals, and gurus alike!

Rich

I'll shoot for one more try too....anyone have anything similar happen like this?

There is an option for transfer call back... in other words the calls that are not answered will go back to the person who transfered the calls. Forward no answer, although a problem since I assume is suppose to go to voicemail, may not cause this to stop.

Corruption in the database.
The reboot probably repaired the database.
I would be surprised if the CFNA settings clear again.
If they do then you will have to reinstall using **startup
Upgrading the software will not clear the corruption.

I have had this happen as well as a few more programming losses. All on MICS 4.1 2 sights. 1 sight twice. and I did a restore and that still did not fix it. Basically I lost callfwd, prime line, pool acces on all phones on the system. But that was all I lost. And when I did a restore it did not fix the problem. So it is corrupt data. and I just programed each station again to fix this issue. But i did not programm from scratch. I have 40 users on one system and 60 users on another system with DIDS etc. Has not happen latly. Just sharing. Good luck.

Sincerely, thephoneboy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back