Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel MG1010 Standalone CPPM SS or CPPM CS on Slot CP 22 and CP 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktse1210

IS-IT--Management
Apr 28, 2009
AU
Hi everyone,
Can someone advise me on how I am able to connect serially to a standalone CPPM CS or a standalone CPPM SS via the NEW MG 1010's CP 21 and CP 22 slots?
I mean I am used to connecting the serial cable (NTAK19EC 2-port SDI cable) to the back of a MG1000 but for this MG1010, it only has ethernet connection like TTY 0 and TTY 1.
I know I have a NTC325AAE6 serial cable kit but when I hook up a normal CAT5E ethernet cable to a RJ45-to-DB9 adaptor, it does not work at all.
Right now, I have to configure the CPPM CS and CPPM SS onto slots 1-10 in order to use the NTAK19EC 2-port SDI cable to configure them.

Anyone has any ideas how I can get these 2x CPPM cards to work on Slots CP 21 and CP 22 please?

Much appreciated.
Cheers!

The MG1010 should have included a kit with DB9 - RJ45 adapters.

If you plug any ethernet cable into the correct interface port, and put one of the DB to RJ adapters on the other end of the cable, you will be able to talk to the card by plugging the RJ-DB adapter into the com port on your PC.

Yea, somehow after posting this, I test it out further. Sigh....it is unbelieavable. CP1's TTYs are for Slot CP22 and CP2's TTYs are for Slot CP21. Gosh even this they have to make it slightly illogical. Oh anyway, it's all good now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back