Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel/Meridian

Status
Not open for further replies.

casey2k

IS-IT--Management
Aug 18, 2016
US
I have 4 mailboxes ( not ext ) on the AA for after hours to our doctors. however, when I setup to transfer EXT: 401 - 405 the transfer does not work with the CCR TREE. For example.

If you press 3-5-2 it should take you too ext: 402 which is just a mailbox but it says "not initialized yet" these are not real extensions, just mailboxes. When I set it up to be a "Leave Message" it does work but not with the path 3-5-2 - The patients would have to know its actually 401 - 402 - 403 - 404 etc etc etc. Which they wont know nor should they.

When I asked the operator how she transfers to these mailboxes during operational hours she says she does feature 986 - then transfers to the mailbox needed

Any idea's?

Thanks

Is this the setup?:
For doctors and nurses press 3
For list of doctors press 5
- for Docta Johnny Fever press 1
- for Doctor Feel Good press 2
- for Doctor Doolittle press 3
etc

If so the programming must be as:
Path 351 = Leave MSG . Ext 401
Path 352 = Leave MSG . Ext 402
Path 353 = Leave MSG . Ext 403
Path 354 = Leave MSG . Ext 404

Make sure that
DN 401 has MB 401
DN 402 has MB 402
and so on

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

What I meant was Ext (DN) has Mailbox (MB)

It is possible to have a mailbox associated with any DN, ie make sure mailbox 401 is not associated with ext 425 or whatever.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

It actually works fine.

What I was doing was at the very FIRST prompt IE:

937-252-xxxx

I would hit the path 3-5-3 and didnt even realize it was trying to reach a non-existing extension. hahaha as in, I was doing the "if you know your extension now press...." instead of listening to the prompts.
shake my damn head

Once I actually let the automated "greeting" Talk or BEGIN to chat and then pressed 3 - pause for talking - 5 - pause for talking - 3 it worked and went to "LvMSG" so it was right to begin with.

My only issue is we are trying to replace our current operator who is retiring.

I have CCR 1 ( night time ) and CCR 2 ( day time ) one has a ON call doctor and the other does not. I dont know if there is a way to have them both enabled at the same time for Example:

8am - 5pm - CCR 2
5:01am - 7:59AM - CCR 1

without manually doing this in

AA / Tabl / Grtg Table 1 - then choosing/flipping between CCR 1 or 2 manually daily during open hours and when closing. Grtg Table 1 under AA/Table seems to be the only ACTIVE / Working table Make sense?

No

You say same time but the example is not.
What do you want? same everything 24/7 or 2 CCRs a day?

Which voice mail system do you have? you forgot to mention it.

You also have Closed/Non-Business option.
You can change the front end of the greeting and you can open or close with F982 or have it auot using the schedule.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back