Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel Meridian + Norstar Flash Issue

Synapt

Systems Engineer
Oct 11, 2024
So we have a bit of a hand-me-down old Nortel PBX system for our station (specifically a Nortel Meridian w/ a Nortel Norstar Flash unit), which while a nightmare to ever edit things on a phone otherwise worked. It's a very basic configuration, one AA configuration with one CCR tree, and about a half dozen mailboxes all configured to identical extension IDs as well.

Recently for some reason though our main automated attendant system seems to have bugged out, that or the CCR. When someone calls now and chooses one of the items from the automatic attendant audible, it comes up saying that an incorrect extension was dialed, and to dial an extension if it's known. Well if you dial an extension it properly takes you to that particular phone/mailbox just fine.

My main two attempts to fix it myself so far were to re-do the AA configuration, and to also re-do the entire CCR tree, neither has worked yet. Anyone have a clue what might be going on? Please tell me I don't have to like nuke and re-do the entire thing lol.

And as I'm sure it's going to come up, we're just a volunteer station so paying for any sort of replacement PBX system is not viable right now. If I ever were to do an alternative I'd probably build a FreePBX system but even getting the phone units for doing that is not remotely a priority to our budget.

This sounds like a simple issue of the wrong extension being programmed in the CCR tree that the option does not recognize. Have you had looked at what extension the CCR tree is trying to send the call to?

Or is it programmed to go to a VM extension that is not enabled yet?

This sounds like a simple issue of the wrong extension being programmed in the CCR tree that the option does not recognize. Have you had looked at what extension the CCR tree is trying to send the call to?

Or is it programmed to go to a VM extension that is not enabled yet?

Yep as I noted I literally even rebuilt the entire CCR tree, originally and post-rebuild they went directly to the proper phone extension.

Worth noting now as well, I tried setting it up so it at least went straight to the mailbox ID even rather than the phone extension using the MBOX option, but it gives the exact same error if you do that, yet if you dial the extension put into the CCR options it takes you to that phone (or mailbox if nobody picks up) just fine. It's literally only when choosing a CCR tree option through the AA.

It's super weird, and just randomly started doing this at some point in the past months. I'm not necessarily /against/ just redoing the entire system, but I am not familiar with this unit to safely want to try and do a reset and re-do without any necessary advice lol.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back