Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel / Meridian AA - CCR

Status
Not open for further replies.

casey2k

IS-IT--Management
Aug 18, 2016
US
I'm an IT director who has edited our CCR / AA list a thousand times, however this specific issue is driving me crazy.

I have 4 mailboxes ( not ext ) on the AA for after hours to our doctors. however, when I setup to transfer EXT: 401 - 405 the transfer does not work with the CCR TREE. For example.

If you press 3-5-2 it should take you too ext: 402 which is just a mailbox but it says "not initialized yet" these are not real extensions, just mailboxes. When I set it up to be a "Leave Message" it does work but not with the path 3-5-2 - The patients would have to know its actually 401 - 402 - 403 - 404 etc etc etc. Which they wont know nor should they.

When I asked the operator how she transfers to these mailboxes during operational hours she says she does feature 986 - then transfers to the mailbox needed

Any solutions?

First of all, what type of phone and voicemail system do you have?. From reading your query it would appear to me that you have either a Norstar or BCM system as the message "not initialized yet" is heard for mailbox's who haven't yet recorded anything as it hasn't been accessed before.

Assuming that you have either of the phone systems mentioned above, then you have posted your query on the CS1000 forum and you might not has realized that the
Norstar forum is at
The BCM forum is at
Assuming that you may have a BCM system or even a Call Pilot mini system that is sometimes connected to the larger Meridian phone system, then you might have to see if you can access the mailbox via the Mailbox Manager application and this would mean that you will have to use the default passcode and enter in a new one.

You might also be able to see if you can access the mailbox from another phone and follow the prompts to record a greeting, change the passcode etc.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel and Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK
Very advance high level knowledge on Linux BCM with keycode support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back