Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel MCM Version 4.0.0.16

Status
Not open for further replies.

iso30

Technical User
Dec 28, 2008
LB
Hi

We are working on our internal deployment for OCSR2 and CS1000E Rls5.5.
We configured it and did test call with dual forking.

We have a problem with Nortel MCM Version 4.0.0.16 service which was working fine and suddenly stopped and not starting anymore.
On event viewer we got: "Registration with OCS failed".
Any ideas on above please?

If also you can send us recommended hotfixes to be installed on OCSR2 side (standard edition, application proxy, mediation…).
And Nortel patches for CS1000E Rls5.5 on call server and signaling server needed also for interoperability between Nortel CS1000E Rls5.5 with OCSR2.

Also if you have any useful documentation on interoperability between CS1000E Rls5.5 and OCSR2.

Regards.

We had some issues with .NET hotfixes from Microsoft. We had to uninstall MCM, deregister OCS-Proxyserver, uninstall OCS-Proxyserver, uninstall .NET hotfixes and then reinstall everything again. Takes about 60 minutes, if you know what you are doing.

Otherwise, if you can't register the MCM application to the Nortel Signalling Server, check to see if there are any firewall issues between the servers. Then check with the Nortel guy if the endpoint and domains used in Sig.Server mathes the information on the MCM. As you can see, it could be several issues that will cause a problem. The best thing you actually can do is to turn on some logging on the Sig.Server. You should see that the MCM fails to register, or if the Sig.Server get anything at all from the MCM application.

To your question regarding Nortel and patches. That's quite easy actually. Always, ALWAYS install the latest loadware on the MGC (if you have MGC's), latest dep.list pathces on Sig.Server and CallServer when you meet any kind of problem. That's the way, that's Nortel. Actually, you should have mentioned that this has been taken care of or not, before you posted this question... :)

To be more spesific in my answer you need to be more accurate in your description of the problem. Makes it more easy for both of us.

// Thomas
// UmoeIKT AS
// Norway

Know I see you posted your question in June. Thought this would be a more busy forum....

Btw, did you find out any solution to your problem...?

// Thomas

Hi I2007

Sorry for my late reply.
But i managed to fix it as you said by uninstalling MCM, deregister OCS-Proxyserver, uninstall OCS-Proxyserver, uninstall .NET hotfixes and then reinstall everything again.

Thanks for your support.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back