Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel M3724 - Incoming calls answering on mult. extensions 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

KjonesMCRG

Programmer
May 10, 2018
US
I am having a programming issue with one of our phones. We currently have the M3724 with 18 lines. We have the main phone where incoming calls are received however at some point it was programmed for another phone in the office to also ring at the same time for all incoming calls (with no delay). We are now wanting to take that off the secondary phone. The software has changed (we typically would would have just programmed the phone to have ringing access turned on/off to a particular extension.) Now the process is to go into programming, go to TERMINALS & SET, EXTENSION, LINE ACCESS, LINE ASSIGNMENT, make sure they are assigned all 18 lines and here we have it set to APPR ONLY which is how the 2nd phone is programmed. I have also confirmed a few other things that there is no programming like call forwarding, forward on busy, etc. on the main phone. Does anyone have any suggestions on what other programming features would allow it to ring on both phones and how I would change this? Another thought, is there an option to clear all programming or copy programming from another extension?

Thank you for any thoughts you may have!!

Thank you for the responses. Unfortunately this extension is not part of a hunt group or answer DN. I have also checked pickup group and made sure she was not in the same group as the main phone that rings just in case that was an issue.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!!

Do you have only Time & Date on both phones?
What is the Prime Set under each line in programming?

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

DRT to prime: Y (not sure if this should be marked N - We are wanting the calls that are not answered by main phone (ext. 236) to go to voice mail after so many rings

Time & date are shown on the phones

Prime set: 221

Some other information that might help, as mentioned above, our main line that receives all incoming calls is at extension 236. When people are calling the main line they have the option to dial an extension if they know it and if not they are asked to press 0 for the operator. Extension 221 is currently an empty desk that is not being used however I have verified that this phone does not ring when the main phone rings. I'm not sure why this extension is set to Prime. Extension 224 is the phone that I am trying to fix that also rings at the same time as the main line (ext. 236). There is no delay, they both ring at same time so it doesn't appear that it is a forwarding no answer programming issue. We do want this extension to have access to all lines which is currently how it is programmed but they should only be receiving calls where people are specifically calling that extension.

Thanks again :)

After further looking into each extension in question, I have been able to fix this problem!! [thumbsup] Jsaad, it was due to how Answer DN's were set up. (I was apparently looking at a different area.)

In case anyone else is researching the same issue, I found it after entering the password information + Terminals & Sets + Extension + Line Access + Answer DN's. Here this particular phone (ext. 224) showed extension 236 as Appr & Ring.

Thank you all your help!

jsaad gave you your answer days ago so show him some pink for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back