Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel <-> Cisco T1 tie-line -- all channels in lockout 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobzeon

Technical User
Jun 10, 2012
US
Hi all. As the caretaker of a lame duck Nortel system with a shoestring budget and no training, this site has been an invaluable resource for me over the past four or so years. Much thanks to all of those who have posted here -- I've learned so much! However today, I have a problem I can't solve just by browsing old issues.

Our plant had a scheduled power outage this weekend, but it went longer than scheduled and outlasted our UPS. Our on-call tech able to shut most of our equipment down, but forgot about the phone room.

Amazingly, almost everything has come back up OK -- except for the tie-line between our Nortel CS1000 and our Cisco CM. When I stat the loop in LD60, I get

PRI* TRK LOOP 14 - ENBL
FFMT/LCMT/YALMT: ESF/B8Z/FDL
SERVICE RESTORE: YES
YEL ALM PROCESS: YES
ALARM STATUS : NO ALARM
CH 01 - LCKO TIE VOD * CH 02 - LCKO TIE VOD *
CH 03 - LCKO TIE VOD * CH 04 - LCKO TIE VOD *
CH 05 - LCKO TIE VOD * CH 06 - LCKO TIE VOD *
CH 07 - LCKO TIE VOD * CH 08 - LCKO TIE VOD *
CH 09 - LCKO TIE VOD * CH 10 - LCKO TIE VOD *
CH 11 - LCKO TIE VOD * CH 12 - LCKO TIE VOD *
CH 13 - LCKO TIE VOD * CH 14 - LCKO TIE VOD *
CH 15 - LCKO TIE VOD * CH 16 - LCKO TIE VOD *
CH 17 - LCKO TIE VOD * CH 18 - LCKO TIE VOD *
CH 19 - LCKO TIE VOD * CH 20 - LCKO TIE VOD *
CH 21 - LCKO TIE VOD * CH 22 - LCKO TIE VOD *
CH 23 - LCKO TIE VOD * CH 24 - DCH 14

I don't even know where to begin with this one.

If it helps, our CS1000 is connected via PRI to the PSTN and services mainly our Louisville area. Our Cisco system is connected via T1 tie-line to the CS100 (and therefore reaches the PSTN through it). The Cisco services only a handful of users here in Louisville (thankfully), but also our Mississippi and Texas sites (which each have their own PRI. So only a handful of users are out of services, but intra-office four-digit dialing between locations is obviously kaput.

Any help would be beyond appreciated. Thanks, all!

This is the most common action to take. It disables the DCH, which allows you to disable and re-enable the loop (which in turn, enables the DCH we disabled first)

LD 96
.DIS DCH 14

LD 60
.DISL 14

wait a minute or two

.ENLL 14

wait a minute or two

Find more at GHTROUT.com

Worked fantastically... I had tried disabling and reenabling the loop, but didn't realize I needed the other step.

As an aside, GHTROUT.com is a national treasure. It's helped me immensely and I've pointed more than a few colleagues there. It's been an honor to be helped by you!

Thanks again!

Grrrr... Guess I broke out the champagne a little too soon. Came in this morning to all channels in lockout again. After disabling/re-enabling the loop, everything looks OK for a few seconds. Phones ring, but answer to a busy. And then when calls come in from the PRI for the Cisco side:

- the Cisco phones have a super-brief ring, then nothing
- busy signal on the caller's side
- ERR9032 on the terminal and another channel locks out

If you can tell me how to display it, absolutely.

ADAN DCH 14
CTYP MSDL
DNUM 10
PORT 0
DES Cisco
USR PRI
DCHL 14
OTBF 32
PARM RS422 DTE
DRAT 64KC
CLOK EXT
IFC ISGF
PINX_CUST 0
ISDN_MCNT 300
CLID OPT0
CO_TYPE STD
SIDE USR
CNEG 1
RLS ID 25
RCAP COLP NDI CCBI CCNI PRI DV3I CTI QMWI
PR_TRIGS DIV 2 3
CNG 2 3
PR_RTN NO
MBGA NO
OVLR NO
OVLS NO
T310 120
INC_T306 2
OUT_T306 30
T200 3
T203 10
N200 3
N201 260
K 7

Finally got into the actual facility and poking around the actual PBX. I see two Dual PRI cards, one with red lights. But as we have three PRIs, I'm assuming the red lights are for the empty 4th PRI.

There's also a larger double-width PRI card which is showing Red and Yel lights.

Also, if this helps:

>ld 96
DCH000
.map dch
DCH 000 : GROUP 00 MSDL 08 PORT 1
DCH 001 : GROUP 00 MSDL 08 PORT 0
DCH 010 : DCIP
DCH 014 : GROUP 00 MSDL 10 PORT 0

I think you'll need to have a look at your Cisco Call Mangler side of things
that may need a re-boot, would that have been also effected by your power issues ?

Cheers!!

It was certainly also in the pool of power-affected devices.

Rebooted Cisco gateway, watched terminal red alarm and then re-establish. Verified that all channels looked good, but then same behavior. First call in rings, but is answered with a busy, and then all subsequent calls start locking out channels.

If you want here is where to look.
Command is around the "mgcp default-package fxr-package

RickyPone,

Incredible catch! A Cisco tech support guy had been doing some work a few weeks ago... I remember him causing some problems before returning service. Looks like he never wrote the config after fixing his screw-up.

Thanks a million!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back