Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel Key Retreival System

Status
Not open for further replies.

blcabling

Technical User
May 20, 2007
US
I purchase a BCM50 with authorization codes. However, the vendor does not have access to the KRS. Does anyone know a way of registering on the Nortel site without having to purchase a contract with them. I don't want to do anything illegal...it just seems silly to purchase a system for a few 1000 dollars and not be able to access their site to make it work.

I was in the same situation. Unfortunately, Nortel will not grant end-users access to KRS, unless you are a VERY VERY large customer with special needs. In my case, I have a support contract, and Nortel still would not grant access to KRS.

You will need to find a vendor with KRS access to register the device and auth codes for you.

If someone else knows another way, I sure would be interested in knowing as well.

This is the one issue with Nortel that annoys me more than any other.

I would be looking for a different vendor. Any properly registered, reptuable vendor should be able to generate keycodes for you.

Is there any vendor with access to the KRS willing to work in a partnership with me?

Do you have the original authcode sheets? If not, you are going to have difficulty. Did you not purchase Installation with your system?

Tob robl3000: The KRS access is to vendors only as Nortel is trying to clamp down on the grey market and "trunk-slammer" vendors who have given them a bad name. Also makes the eBay purchases less palatable.

If the codes are good, then any Nortel authorized distributor can activate and register the system for you. Of course there will be an additional charge. But moving forward I would make sure that whoever you purchased from could activate for you also. Good Luck and Happy New Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back