Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel ip1140 with KIM

Status
Not open for further replies.

techsoldc

IS-IT--Management
Jan 9, 2007
US
I have a BCM200 with a 1140 set -- The set works fine, but when I attach the KIM, it lights up but only displays the firmware (i00v142 v115), the phone functions as it should -- They have f/w 0625c1h -- This is the only 1100 series IP set on the network, the 2000 series set and KIM work fine

Running 4.0 (4.0.2.03)

In the IP documentation it said something about having to go into LD 11 - I have figured out what that is, but getting into it is a different story..do I in fact need to make changes in here?

You need to patch the BCM with a current SU. That firmware is ancient.

I cant find any firmware on Nortels site (in the PIC) -- I have looked under: Home > Technical Support > Voice, Multimedia & Unified Communications > Business Communications Manager 200

And the only s/w releases are related to the BCM Element Manager???

It was a BCM software issue, updated it and it came right up -- BTW, The account I was using to login to PIC was a sales account, not technical...

thanks!!

Even if you have a POE switch you have to use an external power supply. The PS hooks up to the phone but powers the KLM backlight. same power supply as the POE for the set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back