Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel ICS intermittently keeps resetting

Status
Not open for further replies.

outthere27

Technical User
Jan 18, 2011
US
I have a Nortel ICS compact w/ 6.1 sw . It intermittently keeps resetting. Any ideas?

time for a new one.... that is a telltale sign system is on its way out

^ definitely also could be an issue... if it is resetting on its own then the system may be shot but a power issues could obviously also be the problem

Had one a few yrs ago that did that. Customer said it only did it in the afternoons and would reset periodically the rest of the day. I found out someone had wired the "dedicated" electrical circuit to the same circuit used by a window AC unit. Every time the unit kicked on it dropped the AC voltage enough to reset the ICS.

oldestgeek, I had the same thing happen with a printer that happened to be on the same circuit as the CICS. It was on the outside wall of the phone room. Everytime that someone would use the printer the phone system would reset. This was a small site and did not use printer alot so it took about 4 or 5 weeks to find out what was causing this. We replaced cab & software, luckily one day while adding a phone I was about 15 feet away from the printer testing the phone and guess what someone had to print something...electrician came and rewired, now 4 years later system is still running strong.

I agree w/ the power issue and maybe the cainet going. This is the wierd part. The only indication to the system resetting when I get on site is the time would be wrong. It would never show a alarm code. I spoke w/ a tech the other day and he said the problem is the software. Does that make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back