Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel: Help with drt and huntgroup

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizerath

Vendor
Jan 9, 2003
US
Hello all. I have a MICS with CP100. what we want to do is to have the receptionist(221) get the call first. Then after 3 rings, if she cannot get to the call, we want it to ring on 4 other phones at the same time. After that if no one answers after 3 rings, it goes to AA. So I thought I would set up DRT with a delay of 3 and then set the prime to HG01(739). However , it won't let me enter a HG extension. My second thought is that I beleave with hunt groups that when set to "broadcast", if a user in the hunt group takes a call then that persons phone will not ring until they are off the call. I was just going to build a hunt goup with all the sets needed to ring in the group but my boss wants the receptionist phone to ring at all times. Does anyone have a trick to make any of this happen?

Sorry for the long thread and thank you for the help.

Well you could just set the FWD No Answer in the Recepts phone to forward to the HG but you will not beable to have the AA answer after it transfers to the HG.So ringing on all the phones and after 3-4 rings then AA can answer.

Intresting one...I think I would remove the lines from any phones, have HG01 answer the lines with reception as the only member, timer at 15 secs and overflow it to HG02 with all other sets as members.
Set AA/Lines to answer after 8 rings.
I am not sure if AA will pull if HG is in the mix, or DRT the lines at 30 secs to vmails DN maybe?.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Well, thank you both for the ideas. I am going to keep watching this thread and try these ideas Friday night.

The problem I see is that the boss wants to keep the reception phone ringing for all calls. My understanding is that if she is in her own huntgroup, then she will only get one call at a time and that means that she cant "multitask" calls.

Ok so here is how it is set up. I have all the lines on the reception phone 221, as appear and ring. I built hunt group 01 with 229,255,231,234. By the way the 4 phones have the lines showing as appear only. I set the CFNA on 221 to 739 after 3 rings. I set up the hunt group and broadcast and all lines are assigned to it. My overflow is AA. When i call in the lines it never rings into the hunt group. Any ideas of what I did wrong?

What your saying is the CFNA is not going to HG01?
According to the manual you should not have lines assigned on a set that is in a hunt group, amongst other things which you may want to check out.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

My CFNA is set to 739 after 3 rings. On the line appearance statement, are you saying that on the phones that are in the hunt group, can they have lines as appear only or no lines appearing at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back