Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel guy on new CM 10.1, how do I replicate an ACDN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

km9v

MIS
Jan 11, 2011
US
I'm on a new CM 10.1 system with very little training (Yes, I'm working on that) I need to know how to build the Avaya equivalent to an ACDN. Need to get a DID to go directly to my VM system. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

If ISDN check inc-call-handling-trmt for the trunk.
If SIP check the adaptation in SM.
In both cases have them route to the VM extension.

There's a lot of assumptions but basically you need:

[ul]
[li]The DID and the associated extension based on your dial plan (1-555-777-1234, Ext. 1234)[/li]
[li]Trunks to Messaging (Assuming SIP) SIP trunk between Communication Manager and Session Manager. You'll also need SIP Entity, Entity Link, and SIP Dial Pattern matching the VM Extension in Session Manager[/li]
[li]Route Pattern in CM to Messaging Trunks[/li]
[li]AAR entry matching the VM extension using the Route Pattern[/li]
[li]Hunt Group (my preference) or UDP entry for the VM Extension to use AAR[/li]
[li]On the 1st page of the Hunt Group, Enter the VM Extension as the Group Extension[/li]
[li]On the 2nd page of the Hunt Group, enter the VM Extension as the Voice Mail Number and Voice Mail Handle. Enter the AAR Access Code (see Feature Access Codes)[/li]
[/ul]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back