Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel Firmware 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 14, 2003
US
Ok, here's the problem.

We have a stack of 6 Baystack 450-24T switches, the base unit has some defective ports and we want to replace it.

I bought an identical switch as a replacement and was going to import the config file to it then just replace the switch.

The problem is Nortel says this Configuration file can only work if the Software Revisions are alike, which they are not.

I want to downgrade the software on the new switch to avoid any problems. We have Vlans setup and it gets tricky.

Does anyone know where in can get FW V.148 SW V4.1.0.6 ??

or have any ideas?

ftp://ftp-support.baynetworks.com/pub/swcode/baystack/ethernet/bs450/v4.1/
should be close

I tried to remain child-like, all I acheived was childish.

Thanks your awesome!

Do you think it will make a difference to use V4.1.0.6
with V4.1.0.2?

I recommend that you upgrade the entire stack to the latest version. This can be done by setting the switch on the cascade module of one of the working switches to make it the base, then connecting by telnet and uploading the new versions of the image and diag to the switch. Do the same for the single switch and you can connect them together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back