Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel Extranet Client Install Fails on Win2K - HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hallo, another different problem with Nortel Extranet client. This shows both with older versions (2.6.x) and a 4.60 I just tried.

By INSTALLATION on a US Win2K Pro/Service Pack 2 laptop (PII/300), the setup program aborts saying that the 'driver installation failed'. On older 2.x versions it was even more interesting: before the failure message I got a message box entitled 'GetLastError' and text 'Overlapped I/O in progress'. To me as an ex-NT programmer, this looks like a background file i/o was timed out and killed by the set up program.

I am supposed to receive support through my company's IT people but they don't have a clue.

Any hints?

Thanks to all - Andy (andy.zanna@tiscalinet.de)

Are you telling it to install and run as a service? If you tell it to run as an application, it won't work in 2000 or XP. For W2K the earliest version you can use is 2.62. For XP, I know that version 4.10 is supported.

Cheers

Sifer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back