Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel Extranet Access Client 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I have Nortel Extranet Access Client (v03_70.18) installed on a Windows 98 machine. At home, I have DSL connected to a Linksys router with my home machine (Win XP Home Edition).

When I connect my laptop (win98) to the router and log in with the Nortel Client, I get logged on fine and can access all my Corporate resources. After about 5 minutes, I get an error stating "The Routing Table cannot be changed. Connection terminated.". I then have to restart my computer to connect again (and still only for 5 minutes).

I loaded a Nortel client on my home PC and was able to connect without any problem. The connection did not terminate after 5 minutes.

To test my work machine (laptop), I dialed into my ISP and then logged in with the Nortel client. Again, the routing table changed after 5 minutes and my connection was terminated so I know it's not the Linksys router.

The helpdesk at work is stumped. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Hi all

This question is quite oldish but I have not been able to find an answer in the groups yet.

Where is the Contivity Group password stored? We know it is not in the baynet.tbk file.

Reason why we need to know this: We need to do automated password changes regularly without getting our 1000+ users overloading the helpdesk.

many many thanks for any hint

P.S. thread463-412906 got stuck with the question already...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back