Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel DR Software 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fabstock

Technical User
Mar 5, 2005
GB
What are the major differences in the software versions?

what is it you need to know

ski season has started

Well, what are the differences in say DR2 and DR5 etc?

I don't think you are going to get an answer on this one. The question is too broad. Kind of like asking "what are the differences between each car maker and their models?" No one has the time or the knowledge to research and go into detail the finer subtleties between the different versions not to mention the different system types.

Some people are like slinkies...not really good for anything, but seeing one tumble down the stairs makes you smile!

I understand that, but there must be some information regarding this somewhere. I'm sure DR 5 is an upgrade from say DR 4, what are the benefits of having a DR 5 over one of the lower DRs?

Basically you are looking at features that can work with newer software versions. For instance, you can do more with dr5 than you can with dr3.

We all need a little help once in awhile. Tony the Phoneman..

dr1 ...well base
dr2 ... old bugs fixed, newer bugs
dr3 ... old bugs fixed, newer bugs

knowing the diff between versions and features ...thats experience

and on a more serious note

take a look at the FAQs of this forum alquesttech had kind of summarized it

With every revision of s/w there is a chapter of "whats new" with that in mind you can imagine how many differences there are, I wonder if anyone ever kept them all? I doubt that very much.
So I must agree with westcoaster on this one....

Thank you all for you help. The link was very helpful NTL555, thank you. I have one more question however. What is the difference with DR5 and DR5 DS?

Disconnect Supervision (DS) which is neccessary for voicemail use.

NTL555

Ok, now this leads me to another question. I have a 616 system with DR5 non DS, I want to put voice mail on it, apart from upgrading to DS is there any other way to do it such as using a VMI like the NT8B89DA and a Startalk Flash?

the flash will work, it just will not work right. From a personal experience, I have not messed with the VMIs enough to tell you an honest answer.

NTL555

You will need a 616DS cabinet as well as DS software.

Phonmancps@comcast.net
SMalcolm
CustomPrewire in K.C.

Changing out a 6/16 is cheap these days. Go to DS. Whatever you do DON'T put a Vmail on a non DS system. You will HATE it after all that work.

PhM

VVV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back