Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel CS1000 Outgoing Caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

skk391

Technical User
Mar 3, 2009
GB
Hi all,

I'm trying to make the following changes to our Nortel CS1000. I'm trying to get the system to change the number which is displayed when dialing out. We have a few outbound campaigns but would like to use different CLI to for them. Is this possible to config. P.S we have a CC6 installed if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance

You will need to build a CLID table. You can print your current setup in load 21 prt clid . The default is clid 0 on all sets. If you use another clid #, you will need to program the set key as scr xxxx #

Ld 15
chg
net_data
(customer #)
..enter down to CLID prompt
CLID response is "yes"
<enter>
<enter>
ENTRY : (number for the CLID entry)
HNTN - (area code)
HLCL - (CLID you want displayed XXXXXXX)
DIDN - NO
... keep entering and you're done.

Thanks for this, once I have built the CLID table how do I get say 5 phones to use the new CLID?

you will need to program the set key as scr xxxx #

Key 0 scr xxxx "Clid Table #"

I think I'm almost there. I have made changes to a pre-existing table - entry 1. Then gone to the phone in question & done the following
ld 20
chg
18-14
key 1 scr 454 1

does this look correct? However I'm still getting the old CLI displayed

You need to know what other phones are using CLID 1 before you make changes. Especially since CLID 1 was already built.

~~
Gene at GHTROUT.com

Thanks GHTROUT. Since my last post I have created a new Entry (2) and then gone to the phone and done the following

ld 20
chg
key 0 acd 684 2
&
key 1 scr 454 2

then Entry 2 output reads

ENTRY 2
HNTN 01**
ESA_HLCL
ESA_INHN NO
ESA_APDN YES
HLCL ****100
DIDN NO
HLOC
LSC
CLASS_FMT DN

I was hoping then would display the 01******100 when dialing out but no luck with it.

I have read a couple of posts, I should be able to check this via the d-channel debugging, yes?

Just because the d-channel is saying it is sending it out doesn't mean your carrier is allowing it.

Ok thanks, Does the config look right? If it does and the d -channel output look like it is sending the correct CLI then I then can say with some confidence that the carrier is blocking it.

Go into LD 96 and ENL MSGO X on the d-channel and it will show you what's being sent out

I've just enable dedugging on one of my d-channel and have the following output

DCH 10 UIPE_OMSG CC_SETUP_REQ REF 000038D1 CH 7 23 TOD 12:17:10 CK 51447C2D
PROGRESS: ORIGINATING END IS NOT ISDN
CALLING #:265 NUM PLAN: E164 TON: UNKNOWN
CALLED #:079******** NUM PLAN: E164 TON: UNKNOWN

Cant see that it is sending any CLI out on this output but I am receiving one when I ring my mobile. Any ideas anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back