Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel CS1000 Branch Office Caller ID 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnmart0000

IS-IT--Management
Jun 18, 2010
US
I have a Nortel CS1000S in one city and CS1000 branch office in another with a PRI connecting the two locations. Since switching carriers we are unable to get the 10 digit Caller ID to transmit on the outbound calls for only the branch office location. We are getting only the four digit Dn when calling out. I have checked all CLID Table enrtries and made several test calls using various entries, but still only seeing the four digits come across. Is there a specific feature or programming set up that I have missed here?

Please advise.
John

Help us understand the call flow - for example:
CS1000 we will call Site A
Branch we will call Site B
Tie line between the 2

Site b IP phone calls a local number calls goes over Site A T1 but CLID= 4 digit number. CLID HNTN=area code,HLCL=prefix, DIDN=yes

for above example, problem will be how call is tagged - probably CDP thus only sending 4digits. To correct, a DMI would have to be added to RLI to change call type to NPA - CLID would then =10 digits.

your getting 4 digit on a network call?.. make all your ties external.. then you should see clid as opposed to dn.. dn and ld 95 name internal.. clid and ss7 table names external...

that may have changed in parts of the states... some techs are sending ld 95 names to the far end via pstn..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Take a look at this:

Tandem call only shows 4 digit CLID on Branch PSTN.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Problem Description

Fact:
Nortel Communication Server 1000M Half Group
Nortel Communication Server 1000M Single Group
Nortel Communication Server 1000M Multi Group
Nortel Communication Server 1000M Cabinet
Nortel Communication Server 1000M Chassis
Nortel Communication Server 1000
CS1K
CSE 1000 RLS 3.00
CSE 1000M RLS 3.00
Branch office
SPN

Symptom:
Tandem call only shows 4 digit CLID on Branch PSTN.
IP phones on Branch only have 4 digit CLID on local PSTN calls.
Scenario: CLID is not displayed for a Branch office set registered at the main office which calls back to the Branch office to be routed out the Branch Office PRI to the PSTN. The set extension is displayed
DMI applied to SPN is the default with "UKWN"

Cause:
The SPN is sent as a CDP call because the call originates as a CDP call therefore the call to the Tandem PSTN only sends 4 digit CLID.

Problem Resolution

Fix:
Change the associated DMI CTYP to "NPA". You will then get 10 digit CLID to the PSTN as desired at the Branch Location.

Affected Products
Enterprise VoIP Core CS 1000S

biv343 (Vendor) 24 Aug 10 8:52
Take a look at this:Tandem call only shows 4 digit CLID on Branch PSTN.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Problem DescriptionFact:Nortel Communication Server 1000M Half GroupNortel Communication Server 1000M Single GroupNortel Communication Server 1000M Multi GroupNortel Communication Server 1000M CabinetNortel Communication Server 1000M Chassis Nortel Communication Server 1000CS1KCSE 1000 RLS 3.00CSE 1000M RLS 3.00Branch officeSPNSymptom:Tandem call only shows 4 digit CLID on Branch PSTN.IP phones on Branch only have 4 digit CLID on local PSTN calls.Scenario: CLID is not displayed for a Branch office set registered at the main office which calls back to the Branch office to be routed out the Branch Office PRI to the PSTN. The set extension is displayedDMI applied to SPN is the default with "UKWN"Cause:The SPN is sent as a CDP call because the call originates as a CDP call therefore the call to the Tandem PSTN only sends 4 digit CLID.Problem ResolutionFix:Change the associated DMI CTYP to "NPA". You will then get 10 digit CLID to the PSTN as desired at the Branch Location.

BIV,
Can you please clarify the resolution for me? I am currently using Route 0 RLI 0 With DMI 0 FRL 2. The Caller ID issue happens whether local call or LD call. I also have RLI 5 using Route 0 with DMI 1 and FRL 0, CBQ is set to No. How do I go about making the correct changes to DMI to allow for 10 digit Caller ID?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back