Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel CS1000 and Nice trunk side recorder

Status
Not open for further replies.

kprintz

Programmer
Oct 17, 2004
US
Hi,

We have a Nortel CS1000 and a Nice Perform Version 3.1.
We also have a Rockwell Spectrum and Nice Perform Version 3.1

Currently all inbound PRIs for our two contact centers come in from telco, connect to the coupler and then to the Nortel or Rockwell.

We also have tie lines between the Rockwell and the Nortel for transferring calls between the two centers.

My question: Do the tie lines also need to connect to NICE couplers as well? It would seem to me that since all inbound circuits are already connected through NICE couplers, the tie lines wouldn't need to be connected. Does anyone have experience with this? Will a transferred call be recorded from cradle to grave without the tie lines connected to NICE?

thanks

I'd say as long as the Pri's are the only way you receive inbound calls you should be ok. Recording the ties would only create a duplicate recording. One on the inbound PRI and another for the tie line call to either the Nortel or Rockwell.
If you want to record calls between the Nortel and Rockwell, then you would need the tie lines recorded.

we do the same here:

we have a ASPECT ACD coupled with tielines to the Ericsson MX-one and record both the ISDN-30 Pri's coming in to the ASPECT and the tielines between.

The latter, because we have calls coming from ASPECT to Ericsson and vice-versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back