Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel Contivity VPN Client & BT Voyager 2091 Router

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenny1001

Technical User
Dec 20, 2005
GB
I am relitively new to the wireless world and have only recently installed a BT Voyager 2091 Wireless router. The router itself appears to be working correctly and i am able to connect to the internet fine. However the mother in law has now decided she wants to use Nortel Contivity VPN Client to connect to her works PC. The client used to work fine with a fixed ADSL Modem, but since going wireless, i have installed the Nortel VPN Client and it appears to try and connect, but a connection is never actually established (it just keeps flashing "Connecting")

We have spoken to an engineer at work and he states that I need to enable "isp for work" on the router, however i am unable to find this setting.

Has anyoneelse had this problem or know how to configure it to get it to work over the wireless network

Hi,

I recently had very similar problem.
I had a 'brand new laptop' with Windows XP.
Got BT Broadband and wireless router - installed fine....
access no problem..

Then tried to install Contivity VPN client and it would not install at all.... kept failing ... tried allsorts of things , some on tek-tips - there was one suggesting a registry fix which i tried (the reg entry did look messed up) - but to no avail.

So, I reinstalled Windows XP, then installed Contivity first before installing any BT broadband stuff (ie the driver for the router)... it installed ok....

Then, and only then did i install BT broadband,,
After doing things in that order it worked fine and has been ok since.

So, to conclude it seems that BT broadband software appears to cause problems with Contivity VPN client when installed before it...

Sorry! re-installing is not really a great solution, but its the only solution i found success with .... but i was lucky enough to have a fairly clean machine.

I did not try contacting BT about this so there 'monkeys' might have some suggestions?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back