Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel Contivity BIS Dial Backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

retired25

Technical User
Feb 16, 2007
US
I have Contivity 1010 at a remote site that has a unstable wireless internet connection that I use for a branch office VPN connection. I would like to use the serial console port connected to a modem to dial directly back to our main office Contivity 1010. I have not been able to find any examples or Nortel documentation on how to make this work. I have been able to make the remote site dial into a internet pop and establish another VPN connection back to the main site, but the same unreliable internet provider also provides the dial pop, and when their network is down I don't have dial access either. I am running V05_05.220 code on both boxes.

Do you have any installation quick start info for a contivity 1010

I'm sorry to say that the contivity serial port is not designed to support dial-up vpn access. You can use for dial-up configuration to the cli and serial menu only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back