Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel compact ICS 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buford2019

Technical User
Jan 27, 2020
US
Hello,

We changed from windstream lines to spectrum cable modem for our phone lines. The lines do not ring at the phone now and the auto attendant does not pickup. However, from a phone you can click the line and it shows the number calling in but no voice or ringing. Just line appearance once the line is clicked on the phone.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for the help

I am guessing not enough voltage on the modem ports to activate ringing.
Can you try an analog phone direct to the modem to test?

I would take it up with Spectrum since it did work with Windstream's modem.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Thanks curleycord, the one thing that is odd is at the hand set you can select the line and see the incoming call phone number but no voice and it doesn’t ring.

If you have a multimeter you could check the voltages and line current.
To ring your telephone, the telephone company momentarily applies a 90 VRMS 20 Hz AC signal to the line.
The POTS phone line, with all phones on-hook, should measure around 48 volts DC. This drops down to the 3 to 9 volt range when a telephone on the line goes off-hook. An off-hook telephone typically draws about 20 milliamps of DC current to operate.

General specs found on the net.

Now it rings and works correctly but no audible ring at the handset, I’ve changed ringers and aux ringers and everything and it blinks with the caller ID but no audible ring.

Do you have more than one phone ringing on incoming calls? If not could it be a bad ringer in the set? Does the AA pickup the call? Did you determine the line is ringing with an analogue set? Try rebooting the CICS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back