Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel / Cisco Unity VM: call transfers and VM delivery

Status
Not open for further replies.

SStieferman

Technical User
Sep 23, 2005
US
...integration with a Nortel and Cisco Unity system...

Situation - 2 Nortel phones w/ VM, MWA, etc. Phone 1 transfers caller to phone 2. When phone 2 is NOT answered, the VM message is left on the VM for Phone 1.

Question - Any way to configure Nortel phones so that transferred calls to 2nd Nortel phone will leave voicemail message with Phone 2?

It's working as designed. It carries the original dialed # into VM.

Ohhh - understood, however I have a user that believes it has changed reciently and that messages were previously delivered to Phone 2 successfully. Trying to appease the client.

Any chance I can make it not work as designed?

OH, one of those clients. I'm not aware of a way around it. It's been that way for ever. He is obviously mistaken.

Is this a boss secretary thing? The boss wants the call to end up in the secretary's voice mail box?

nah - more of a medical dept and staffing situation.

primary call received via call pickup group, inbound caller triaged and transferred to the "correct" person.

ah la, VM delivered to origional phone that initiated the call pickup, not the "correct" person at the 2nd phone.

That doesn't sound right to me. If the call is picked up by call pick up then the call has terminated. It should no longer look at what the original dialed number is. For example

Call comes in to x-5000
x-5001 does a call pick, at this time voice mail isn't even in the call
x-5001 then transfers the call to x-5000, the caller should end up in x-5000 mail box, not x-5001.

Interesting, then that may explain why the caller says it only happens some times.

So when the origional call to x5000 is transfered to x5001, the VM defaults to x5000 - understood.

When the origional call to x5000 is collected @ x5002 and transferred to x5001, the VM goes to x5001.

Maybe that's why the client is agreviated with the difference in results of VM.

Everything in your explanation is the way it is designed to work. Maybe a user issue?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back