Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel CICS with Call Pilot 100: Only first four lines of the system are being answered by the AA 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 4, 2012
US
Hi all,

I have a customer with a CICS and Call Pilot 100. The AA is set with greeting 1 for all hours of the day/weekend and to answer lines 1-7 after the first ring. The issue I am having is that the AA only picks of the first four lines and not the remaining three. Line 5 transfers to the attendant position with the message displayed "LINE 5 TO PRIME". Line 6 and 7 simply ring without being transferred. I've double checked the line assignments, prime line assignments and ringing assignment in the CICS for all extensions. I am a little baffled. Any suggestions or insights are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Greatness is the echo of a life well lived and a job well done.

What is the CICS version?

Line 5-8 could either be 025-028 or 031-034 as far as the CP is concerned. It depends on CICS software.

Marv ccna
Sales, Installation & Service for Norstar, BCM & Allworx
Serving Ottawa and Eastern Ontario since 1990

If your AA isn't picking up then the first thing to look at would be how are your lines set to answer within Callpilot programming. It's basic troubleshooting 101, the problem is most likely wrong line numbers set to answer as allworxguy already stated. If the system is pre release 6.0 then the lines for 005-008 are 025-028, and after 6.0 lines 005-008 are 031-034.

Charm City Communications

Thx for the heads up. The CICS is release 6.0. Lines 5-8 are 031-034 in the CICS.

I meant to say it is higher than release 6.0 in the earlier post. Line assignments on the CICs show 1-4 as 001-004 and 5-8 as 031-034.

Its mentioned twice already

If you want line 5 to answer then do not choose line 5 in vmail, choose line 025 or 031 based on system version.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Let's start over.

The first thing to do is to make sure the CallPilot is configured to answer the lines:
[ol 1]
[li]Press Feature 983.[/li]
[li]Dial the System Administrator mailbox number (usually 102).[/li]
[li]Dial the System Administrator password.[/li]
[li]Press the OK softkey.[/li]
[li]Press the AA softkey.[/li]
[li]Press the LINES softkey.[/li]
[li]Dial the line number: 31.[/li]
[li]Press the OK softkey.[/li]
[li]The display should read "Line:31 Ans:AA".[/li]
[li]Press the TABLE softkey.[/li]
[li]The display should read "Line:31 Table:1".[/li]
[li]Press the RINGS softkey.[/li]
[li]The display should read "Line:31 Rings:0" (if you don't have Caller ID) or "Line 31: Rings:2" (if you have Caller ID).[/li]
[li]Press *.[/li]
[li]Repeat steps 7 through 14 for lines 32 and 33.[/li]
[/ol]

If everything is configured properly, the second thing to do is to monitor activity. You can program internal autodials for the 4 DNs of the CallPilot 100 onto memory buttons with indicators. The indicator will be on when the DN is in use. Whenever a line rings, you will see whether the CallPilot has a free DN to answer the call.

CallPilot 100 supports up to 4 voice channels, meaning that it can only handle up to 4 calls at a time. You need to be know that, if an external caller is leaving a message in a mailbox, it is considered a call and it uses one of the channels. You also need to be know that, if an internal user is playing its messages, it is considered a call and it uses one of the channels, too.

When you see "Line X to prime" on the display of a prime set, it means that the line cannot ring on any set (because the sets programmed to ring are not in service, because the sets programmed to ring have no free button to receive the call or because no set at all is programmed to ring). Figuring out why the system routes the call the prime set may help you identify the issue.

Sorry for the long delay to reply back. Work has been hectic (Thankful for being busy).
The Call Pilot was set wrong. Adding the corresponding line/port numbers fixed it. Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks Curly,
Stars are hard to come by around here.

Marv ccna
Sales, Installation & Service for Norstar, BCM & Allworx
Serving Ottawa and Eastern Ontario since 1990

Sorry for the late reply, I had been busy going from service call to service call. Still no excuse.

Thanks to allworxguy [2thumbsup]. What he had posted was correct and worked like a charm [pipe]. Still kicking myself for not seeing it right off the bat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back