Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel CICS changing direct line to another phone. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvilla80

IS-IT--Management
Aug 18, 2008
I am novice to the CICS and need to move a direct dial line from one line to another. Currently our system has 4 line hunt group that all comes in from. Then we have 4 direct dial lines for the executives. Well one of the Executives just left and I would like to give that direct dial number to someone else. When one of the executives picks up the phone it automaically uses the direct dial phone line. The rest of use use the hunted lines. How can I move the direct line to another phone? Thank you all in advance.

Go to that phone do feature * 0 then press the line in question.

In programming under lines find out if that line is set to private
if so assign it to the new extension, if the line is public or pool you will have to go under terminal & sets to assign that line to that extension.

Ok I now know that it is line34. How do I remove it form that phone and add it to another?

Go to terminal & sets input the extension, line acces, line assignment, list, next to desired line and change to appear and ring or unassigned.

Thank you very much! That worked like a champ. One more thing how do I make it so that when the phone reciever is picked up it selects the direct dial line to make calls? Same thing with the other phone make it select one of the hung group lines.

Under line acces for that extension, line assign. next line pool acces,next: "prime line" press change til the desired line appears.

Thank you very much! You are a true Genius!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back