Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel Call Center - 1 Skillset (of many) doesn't work sporadically 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

toddx4

Technical User
Aug 9, 2007
US
I have a Nortel BCM400 and am running CallCenter on it, with approx. 20 different skillsets. These are all existing skillsets that have been in place and functional for several years. Suddenly yesterday one of the skillsets stopped working. I verified that calls were hitting the BCM (saw them in BCM Monitor), they just wouldn't go to the skillset. I rebooted the BCM and it took care of it. Now it did it again tonight. This time I stopped/restarted the Voicemail and it again is working...for now I fear. The BCM is fully patched, as far as I know. I know it's been a few years since new patches have been released.

Anyone seen something like this before? Thanks a ton for any guidance.

Make sure you get a backup done.
Sounds as if the hard drive might be getting to end of life and might fail soon.

Replace the hard drive and restore your backup if it fails completly

That had occurred to me. I ran a backup last night, by the way. Is it common, when a HD is starting to fail, for it to only affect a small portion of things like this? The system is absolutely fine, other than this. It seems odd to me that it would affect the same skillset, and only that one skillset. Thanks for the advice.

If it persists then you can also try a Re-install of the call pilot.
Then you can restore the voicemail backup.

I had a system 4.0 that could not open mailboxes and had to reinstall the callpilot.
Some sort of software corruption.

To reinstall press feature 982--enter operator password- press 7 or 9 cant remember which. then enter reinstall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back