Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel BCM50 with DID trunks in Germany

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrsIrPeeWee

Vendor
Sep 30, 2005
NL
Hello all,

At the moment we have a BCM50 running in Hamburg which has problems to operate correctly with the Deutsche Telecom trunks.

The BCM50 is running R3 in the German market profile. The customer has direct in dial numbers, which means:

Main number: 000494053301810
Direct in dial: 0004940533018101 to 0004940533018109

So the direct in dial numbers are formed by dialing an extra digit after the main number.

The issue which occurs is that if someone from external tries to dial a DID-number, the main number is activated. This occurs when the dialer sends its dialed number digit by digit to Deutsche Telecom. As soon as Deutsche Telecom has the complete main number (and still misses the last digit) it will setup the call. The last digit is lost.

Is there a way to realize that the BCM waits for the extra digit? Is it known how German resellers work with BCM and Deutsche Telecom?

Kind regards

Is it only Deutsche Telecom way of doing DID's or it's the same across all Telco in your country?
What's the maximum receive digits lenght with the German market profile?
Here in NA we have 7 or 10 digits dialing no matter if it's a main number or a DID.

Thanks for answering.

As far as I know the BCM reads the last digits, depending the Public received number length.

This is our first BCM in Germany, we are based in The Netherlands and here the public number length is always the same (10).

I've put the loops to overlap receiving, with a length of 9. Deutsche Telecom gives me 8 (mainnumber) or 9 digits (DID). Still the issue occures.

Regards

I would check wil the CO because it dosen't sound right. The BCM is going to see the 1810 not the 18101.Try 5 digit recived it mite work in seeing the last 4-5 digits.

okay so left to right and right to left reading isn't possible.

if it reads the last X digits then you should be ok as the format will be something like below, example based on last 5.

....etc

your isdn trace will show you what comes in.

I already had the received digit length on 4, and had targetlines set:

TL 200: public 1810 (mainnumber)
TL 201: public 8101 (DID DN 101)
TL 202: public 8102 (DID DN 102)

That works fine, IF the digits come in!

Following happens, When I dial tot the an external DID number from the BCM50 itself, the call comes back in as if I dialed 1810 at the end. Mainnumber rings. The last digit is missing!

Appreciate your help.

Regards

Quote "Following happens, When I dial tot the an external DID number from the BCM50 itself, the call comes back in as if I dialed 1810 at the end. Mainnumber rings. The last digit is missing!"

I don't really follow you here. Are you saying that when you dial a DDI from within the BCM the call comes back in with the digits of the main number, not the correct DDI???

If this is correct, I don't really see the point of the test, you would really need to dial from other devices, not from the BCM, and see if the same happens.

It happens in both cases.

When I dialin with an external phone (my mobile) it goes OK. The mobile provider send my dialed digits enblock.

When I dial with an external analoge phone on a analoge trunk, the last DID digit is missing.

When I dial back in from a BCM phone (0 for external line, complete external DID number). The last digit is also missing.

The thing is that it doesn't happen with all incomming calls. It depends on how the digits are comming in. In my opinion it's a provider thing. But I'm looking for a solution within the BCM to handle this.

Regards

If the digits aren't coming in as they are supposed too every time, there is nothing the BCM can do. You can't add or remove digits as you don't know when to do it or not to do it. So, this is a provider issue. Good luck with that!

Spoke to a German reseller of Nortel BCM's. He thinks Deutsche Telecom is doing something wrong, he never had this issue, although his is familiar with the way the DID numbers work.

Thanks for al your thoughts about this!!

I'll be attacking Deutsche Telecom for this

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back