Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel BCM400 - How to have skillset agent group's phones ring only twice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 18, 2018
US
Hello,

I am inheriting a phone system which is a Nortel BCM400.
It seems to have a Line which is set to use a "Call Center" which is linked to a "Skillset" which contains a couple of agents within.
My question is how can I possibly set those phone calls routed from this line to the agents via the skill set to only ring those agent's phones only two times?
Also, it is currently operating in a round robin like fashion, and calling all of the agents in the list sequentially.
How may I have this system call only two agents, and then if they both don't answer, to call a final agent at that point?
Can I do it with how the system is currently set up, or would I need to look at something like hunt groups to get this done?

Thank you.

Also, it is currently operating in a round robin like fashion, and calling all of the agents in the list sequentially."

Do you mean the setting "Least Busy" as opposed to "Preferred"?

I am thinking in Skillset 1 (Agents 1 & 2) have it Overflow to Skillset 2 (Agent 3)
Under Skillset1/Oveflow change it to Oveflow to Skillset and Specify Skill2.
Change the Timer to something like 8 or 10 seconds for 2 rings...I am not sure if this is the correct setting.

In my testing if I select 8 or 12 seconds it appears after 22 seconds it will finally overflow, maybe some conflict somewhere.

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

@curlycord
Wouldn't setting the timer to 10 seconds just make it only ring for one user?
Also, how would that make a difference in how the agent's number of times their phones ring? that's the thing which I find difficult.

I found how to set each phone's # of rings individually, but it applies just to the phone in general. Is it possible to only have that lower # of rings apply when called through the skillset / Call Center?

Also, you said that the overflow timer doesn't seem to be accurate? So it just requires playing with until the correct time is found?

I found how to set each phone's # of rings individually, but it applies just to the phone in general."

If you are talking about Capabilities programming on the BCM then that is not related to Call Center.

As for Timer I do not know.
I tried to mimic what you want and tried setting 4, 8 and 12 seconds and each time it was not until 26 seconds that the 2nd Skillset starting ringing as well.

Lots of gurus around here so there will be an answer soon...ACD/CC is one of my weak spots.

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back