Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NORTEL BCM PROBLEM

Status
Not open for further replies.

bv25

Vendor
Jan 1, 2003
US
HI GUYS,

I WAS JUST ASSIGNED A TKT DEALING WITH A BCM, HAVE NEVER DEALT WITH THEM. I HAVE A USER THAT WHATS TO REMOTELY LOG ONTO A BCM FROM NEW JERSEY DOWN TO A BCM IN ATLANTA USING THEIR INTRANET. I HAVE PROGRAMMED THE CORRECT IP ADDRESS AND SUBNET THAT WAS PROVIDED BY THE LAN ADMIN. DO I NEED TO PROGRAM A GATEWAY ADDRESS ON BCM? IF SO, WHERE IN THE PROGRAMMING CAN I FIND IT?
THANKS,
BV25

You will need to set the default gateway on the BCM to be the customers router IP address.

Under Net Link Manager far right tab is Permanent WAN connection.

Galletti,
Thanks for your help, i finally found where to program the gateway address earlier this morning. I programmed this address using the serial port on the bcm, under system configuration, then using the quick start menu. Nortel has it named default next-hop router instead of using the simple term of gateway address. Again, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back