Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel Baystack 5520-48T Firmware/Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

joetrip

IS-IT--Management
Sep 26, 2010
GB
Hi,

I have just bought myself a second hand Nortel Baystack 5520-48T switch as I need to learn about this device before starting a new role shortly. The company that I am starting at uses this model in branch offices.

I need to familiarise myself with the latest version of the firmware/configuration firmware/software.

My current version is

v4.1.0.04

I understand that I need to upgrade to the major release 5 before i move into 6.

My problem is that I am unable to access these revisions without entering into a paid support contract with Nortel. Obviously as a home user that just needs to learn my way the 5520-48T, entering into a contract with Nortel so that i can access these updates is just not an option.

I don’t want to turn up at my new role and have to learn this on the fly. That could be dangerous in a production environment.

Can anyone point my in the right direction as to how i can access the updates?

J.

Many thanks in advance for any help or guidance.

I have a similar issue with a 5510-48T. I contacted Nortel thru my Nortel account and the software is no longer available at Nortel. It also stated that the firmware/software was available at Avaya. I tried to contact Avaya tech support and the phone call goes no where and gets dropped eventually. I can not find anywhere on the Avaya site to I could possibly look for the software. If anyone has figured this out, please let me know. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back